Maes Mynan Park is the perfect countryside location for your new holiday home
Maes Mynan Park in Afonwen Caerwys, is our new luxury holiday park development set in 90 acres of beautiful Flintshire countryside in North Wales and offers the perfect place to escape to the country for staycation holidays.
Phase one of the Maes Mynan Park will see the opening of the Lodge Park around two lakes in September 2019, with work well underway in creating terraced plots that are designed to maximise the stunning views across the Clwydian Range, Offas Dyke and Denbigh Moors.
Maes Mynan Park has planning in place for 47 lodges, with a further 63 static caravans and 70 touring caravan pitches becoming available over the following two years in different zones of the Park development.
In addition, a further area has been set aside for boutique ‘eco-glamping’ which will offer a different holiday experience for those looking for short breaks and overnight stays under the trees and stars.
We believe this to be a stunning region, a hidden gem waiting to be discovered, with beautiful scenery and countryside, all within easy access of some amazing bars, restaurants, tourist attractions, artisan produce and adventure opportunities. We will be working with local businesses to provide a range of amenities to ensure our holiday home owners have a great stay every time they visit.
We will be signposting the businesses on the doorstep who are happy to provide a range of services and activities that will appeal to our holiday home owners. By working together we can make staycations and weekend getaway breaks as relaxed as possible.
Some examples of our ‘On The Doorstep’ businesses working hard for our customers too.
- Janet Monshin Dallolio, owner of Afonwen Antique & Interiors, Afonwen Craft Centre and Afonwen Edenshire Restaurant knows all about looking after her customers. Her family business has been working hard for her customers for over 28 years and is happy to be able to support Maes Mynan Park holiday home owners in as many ways as possible, especially if it reduces their travel time when the main purpose is to enjoy quality downtime.
With lodge owners in mind Janet has a range of homewares, table lamps, clocks, umbrella stands, lighting solutions, throws, sheepskin rugs, mugs, glassware, occasional tables, storage ideas and a wide range of antiques on hand to choose from.
In addition Afonwen Edenshire Restaurant is a great eatery for morning coffee, lunches and afternoon tea. There is even a range of ‘ready made meals’ to take away too. Open everyday except Monday 10 am until 5 pm, it’s the perfect place to start your day when on holiday. Within an easy leisurely walk, it’s easy to get active before your morning coffee and the home cooked food is made from locally sourced ingredients that supports other local businesses too.
- Andrew Davies, owner of Morgan’s Pori Gwych, the independent butchers in Caerwys – a mainstay in the town for almost 60 years – offers a pre-order, collection and delivery option to Maes Mynan Park customers. He too believes in ‘shop local’ and strives to buy local and has an ethos that helps his customers do so too.
As the only Caerwys butchers, Andrew will provide a range of offers to all Maes Mynan Park customers to help them buy local and enjoy quality foods when on holiday. By offering bundles of meat for a cooked breakfast or BBQ evening get together, Andrew takes the hassle out of deciding what to buy.
- Caroline Williams of Central Stores is designing a range of pre-order hampers for collection and delivery to help holiday home owners make the most of their leisure time and is working with a range of independent suppliers to supply locally produced produce wherever possible.
The Central Stores Caerwys also offer a great customer service and with a ‘Retro’ approach are bringing back to life the old fashioned grocers store where ordering your paper, saving your bread and buying sweets from jars is all part of their revived community offer. Alongside the Caerwys butchers Morgan’s Pori Gwych, who also offer the same quality personal service to customers, Caerwys businesses are leading the way in customer care.
- Heather and Tracy at the On The Corner Cafe offer great ‘All Day Breakfasts’ and homemade takeaway food. Pre-order and collect is a wonderful service when you have a hungry gang waiting to be fed. With a range of specialist teas and coffees and ‘Gluten & Dairy Free’ options, this little Corner Cafe steps up to a range of dietary needs and makes the most of the old Compton House that has been serving the community for over 100 years in one capacity or another. You can find On The Corner Cafe opposite the Peace Tree in the main Caerwys town Square.
- Dudley Savva of The Piccadilly Inn offers a very warm welcome to his guests and is very happy to arrange a transfer service to and from Maes Mynan Park. Home cooked food that includes locally foraged ingredients and local ales and gins, are all part of the package when dining out at this well appointed and interesting gastro-pub, that has a racing horse history. Piccadilly was the horse presented to the landlord by Lord Mostyn when there was once a Caerwys Race Track.
- Zac Savva of the Royal Oak runs a drinking pub and sports bar for those of you who like to watch the matches in the company of others with a local ale or two in hand. A great community hotspot and a perfect way to get to know the locals!
- Dave Kelly-Parkinson, owner of Planetree Adventures was “blown away” when he visited Maes Mynan Park and was very excited to be able to work on a range of outdoor activities to suit our perfect location for holiday homeowners and thrill seekers. As Maes Mynan Park is set in a countryside location, offering outdoor adventures and guided tours are all part of the holiday lifestyle we wish to promote. David really enjoyed meeting us to discuss our plans and is looking forward to creating bespoke experiences for all ages and abilities, including walks and hikes, canoe tours on the canal over the world heritage site at Pontycysyllte Aqueduct, bushcraft and survival skills sessions and climbing and abseiling adventures. We feel this adds an independent opportunity for our holidaymakers to find a suitable level of activity and adventure that suits them in the Great Outdoors of North Wales, where there is so much to do and a great understated beauty to explore.
Maes Mynan is situated within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and features a woodland, three lakes and added landscaping to protect biodiversity and connectivity within the natural landscape. There are designated conservation and environmental projects in place to support the existing natural landscape, which we feel makes Maes Mynan Park so special, especially as it allows holidaymakers to enjoy the great outdoors easily.
There are also many wonderful networks of safe footpaths, one of which is known as the Maes Mynan Path, which takes you straight into the centre of Caerwys where so many local amenities exist to support this holiday location.
Maes Mynan Park offers a unique holiday space in Flintshire. It is secluded and peaceful with great views, but also accessible, because it’s just a stone’s throw from major access routes and some of the most beautiful walks and countryside you could hope to find.
By providing luxury lodges for holiday home owners as the first phase of the Maes Mynan Park development, we can offer the first step to a happy holiday and an aspirational lifestyle that adds a new perspective to everyday life. We can’t wait to share Maes Mynan Park with others, it’s been a vision 25 years in the making and despite the challenges we have faced in getting here, we believe it will be a wonderful escape for many looking for that special getaway location.
Get in touch to find out more at email@example.com